Innovatemap is seeking a collaborative and motivated Web Developer to join our team.
The Web Developer is responsible for frontend and backend WordPress and site development and focuses on turning web designs in Figma and Sketch into premium digital experiences. The Web Developer collaborates with development and design teams to bridge the gap between web design and technical implementation and takes an active role in understanding technical needs and expectations while focusing on quality assurance, accessibility, and security.
This role will report to our senior web developer and will help scale their work initially which will lead to full ownership of projects over time.
Who You Are
You thrive working on multiple projects at once.
You’re a team player, have a leader’s mindset, and believe the best results come through collaboration.
You’re comfortable navigating the unknown and thrive when you have the chance to try something new.
You believe you still have a lot to learn, and actively strive to improve.
You’re always looking for ways to do things smarter and more effectively.
What You’ll Do
- Use HTML, CSS(SCSS), PHP, and JS to create user-friendly web pages
- Take Figma and Sketch design files into working responsive websites
- Collaborate with the design team on user experience, animation, and interactivity
- Maintain and improve existing sites
- Optimize code for maximum performance and accessibility
- Version control with Git
- WordPress theme development
- Understanding of responsive web development
Preferred skills but not required:
- Advanced Custom Fields Experience
- GSAP familiarity
- Understanding of OOP
If this resonates with you, let’s talk!